Best Bottle Sterilizer: Finding The Perfect One For You
Washing your baby bottles is not enough to make it clean and germ-free. That’s why parents have to buy the best bottle sterilizer to keep baby’s bottle safe and unsoiled. Every mother knows how important sterilization is and how a child’s immune system is still developing. It would be at most important that your kid should be disease-free.
Many bottle sterilizers are dual-use - they can sanitize and warm up bottles. They, too, can disinfect germs from bottle washers, caps, and nipple-rubbers. Like bottle warmers, they can sit on countertops, be charged on USB ports, or go travel with you. If you want to know the best bottle sterilizer for you, here’s a little guide about it.
Click to view table of content
The Best Bottle Sterilizer - Top 5
Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer
Munchkin Steam Microwave Sterilizer
Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer
Dr. Brown's Electric Steam Sterilizer
Best Bottle Sterilizer Reviews For 2017
Small, compact but can still hold up to six classic baby bottles? Philips AVENT is not your ordinary countertop sterilizer. It can hold bottles, pacifiers, silicone nipples, or storage bags that need sanitation. And speaking of sanitation, the brand promises to kill 99.9 percent of germs lingering on in every corner of the items.
It operates for 6 minutes and would automatically shut off when it’s done. If parents won’t open the lid for 24 hours, Philips AVENT guarantees users that the bottles and kits are clean.
- It has great space which can be placed for six bottles of any kind – narrow, wide, or classic ones
- Fast and efficient sterilization procedure with only 6 minutes
- Has special counter for nipples, pacifiers, kits, and more
- The design is ergonomically done as a great space saver
- Auto shut off feature and sterilizes the bottles and items for 24 hours unopened
- It may need an outlet, but it’s compact and portable enough to carry around
- Hard to clean for some users
- May cause build up milk solids
- Does not have any dryer or deodorizers
- Best for: Parents who just need an ergonomic device to measure their child’s fever. Its functions boast of a safe and easy-to-use device while providing convenience with its backlight monitor.
Don’t want the electrical steam sterilizer? Philips AVENT has its very own microwave sterilizer in case parents want a step higher quality sanitization feature. In just 2 minutes, users are guaranteed to have a clean bottle and totally germ-free kits. Like its electrical counterpart, it can keep items sterilized for about 24 hours when unopened.
However, this microwave version can only take two 11-ounce classic bottles or four 9-ounce bottles. It may be ideal for families with little feeding and storing milk kits. It fits most microwave opens and can be packed for traveling too.
- Compact and light for traveling
- Faster bottle and kit sterilization
- Ideal for feeding kits, pacifiers, and storage bags sterilization as well
- Has safety grips when you want to take it out of the microwave
- Cleans bottles faster and good too
- Like its electrical counterpart, it does not have any dryers
- Burns may happen when you don’t hold it correctly
- Can only hold two to four bottles in it
- Best for: Users who want a faster and efficient sterilization of their things may opt for the microwave version of Philips AVENT. Those who want to travel may bring along this device and have no worries in packing it up.
Munchkin is one of those household brands that are well-known in the baby industry. One of their products is the steam guard microwave sterilizer that can hold up to four bottles and two breast pump shields in one cleaning process. Also, it can clean your baby’s stuff in within two minutes!
Any bottles like narrow or wide can fit in Munchkin’s set. It has an opening near the latch to avoid unnecessary burns when you take it out of the microwave.
- At most, Munchkin can hold up to six items in its sterilizer
- Light and compact, it’s easy to carry the sterilizer around
- Quick to sanitize baby bottles
- It has an open-away latch to avoid burns
- Any bottles can fit inside the sterilizer
- Sometimes it leaks
- The lid pops up when you’re using it on the microwave
- Best for: People who want something small but do splendid things! The Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer does its job super-fast while sanitizing most of the nooks and crane of baby items.
Tommee Tippee can sterilize six of your bottles, lids, pacifiers, and more within five minutes. What’s more, the product has a warming and cooling feature after sanitizing your items. Your baby kits stay sterilized for 24 hours if left unopened.
All in all, Tommee Tippee is easy to use. You just need to push one button and wait for it to auto shut off when you’re done. Many claimed that it’s simpler to clean as well.
- Easy use with the one-push button
- Offers other feature like warming and cooling
- Auto-off lets you know the job is done
- Keeps items clean and germ-free for 24 hours
- Ergonomic design makes it easier to clean
- Cleans chemical residue like soap and detergents
- You might fidget around just to place the bottles inside
- Ideal for wide neck bottles only
- Best for: Parents who want moisture and soap residues out of their bottles would love to have the Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer. With one push of the button, it can kill germs and bacteria within five minutes.
Dr. Brown’s have compartments that are ideal to be placed with bottles, pacifiers, nipples and all. It also offers a one push of the button so that it can sanitize all of your baby stuff. For 12 minutes, it will clean your items and uses distilled water to rid of all harmful deposits that may grow in your child’s bottle over time.
Bottles will not get to wiggle around the sterilizer because it has a special tray and basket to hold them all. Dr. Brown can hold to as much as six bottles inside and loads of other feeding items.
- It has a great space and can fit many items inside
- Distilled water can wash away residues and other deposits
- Special tray and basket will hold all the items inside
- Sterilizes the bottles and kits very well
- Will take too long to clean the items
- Uses only distilled water
- Too big
- Best for: Mommies and Daddies who want to clean and sanitize more baby things can opt for Dr. Brown’s Sterilizer to finish all the cleaning chores! That means, more cuddly time for baby.
Different Kinds Of Bottle Sterilizers
There are three types of sterilizers that can be found in the market today, and among them, we have listed here in this review. They stood out from the rest of bottle sterilizers are considered as one of the best in their fields.
Countertop or electrical bottle sterilizer
As the title suggests, this type of bottle sterilizer sits on a countertop and makes use of an electrical outlet for steam sanitize baby bottles and kits. More so, sometimes it’s big enough to sanitize two or more bottles and feeding kits for kids. They can take less than 10 minutes to get the work done. Additionally, many countertop bottle sterilizers not only clean the kits but also dry and deodorizes them too.
Microwave bottle sterilizers
It’s one of the most potent ways of killing germs and sanitizing your bottles and tools. They work quickly in less than 5 minutes and are more compact in size. However, they don’t have any dryer or deodorizers for that matter. You have to do those manually. But, it still is powerful when it comes to cleaning your feeding kits.
Portable UV bottle sterilizers
These will come in handy for families on-the-go especially on picnic trips. You don’t need to plug this one in an outlet since they take advantage of ultraviolet light to sterilize the bottles. They are lightweight to carry and ideal for vacation or long rides. They only take one bottle at a time and usually go around 10 minutes too.
One of these might be the best bottle sterilizer for you; you just have to tailor it accordingly to your needs. You have to take note that not only you have to clean baby bottles, but their associated kits as well. More importantly, if your child has developed his or her pincer grasp, the kiddo can place anything on his mouth! Rattles and pacifiers should be sterilized too.
Ways On How To Sterilize Baby Bottles And Kits
There are three procedures to keep your child items clean. Different bottle sterilizers offer various ways on how to disinfect your feeding and play kits. These are the most common ways to do it:
Perhaps the common way to sterilize bottles and kits is through steam. It’s efficient and convenient in most cases. Within the amount of water poured into the bottle sterilizer, the steam will disinfect every nook and nubs of the feeding kits.
Many parents turn to boiling water for sanitation purposes. We can place spoons, utensils, small eating items and more. But with boiling, it’s best to wait until the water is hot before putting the items. Boiling the water with the bottles and kits on will result to toxic melting.
As stated above, it’s one of the strongest ways to sanitize the bottles and baby items. It will only take you around 3 to 5 minutes to sanitize the things you need. It’s ideal just for sanitation purposes, but if parents want their sterilizer with more fluff – consisting of dryer and deodorizers – sadly, they don’t have these features.
Some baby bottles are sterilized by ultraviolet light or through USB ports. Technological devices such as these come in handy when the family is out camping in the woods and all.
Despite sterilization features, if the equipment does not bode well with the family’s lifestyle, it’ll perturb them with hassles and all. The best bottle sterilizer for you depends upon your daily life activities with the kids.
Do You Need A Bottle Sterilizer?
If you ask us, the answer is a yes. Many parents often failed to see the importance of sterilization because they though cleaning was just enough. What about the sides? The nubs? The hard to get areas? Babies are prone to illnesses because of all the germs they pick up from their feeding kits and toys.
Bottles shouldn’t be the only ones to disinfect. Rubber or silicone nipples, lid, pacifiers, and more are grounds where bacteria might grow. Unwashed milk might result to high moisture which invites bacteria to make a home there.
Flu or gastroenteritis might occur if the bottle wasn’t sterilized very well. Plus, a dirty bottle will spoil the milk even faster.
Features Of A Bottle Sterilizer You Need To Look
What does the best bottle sterilizer consists of? How do you know it’s the one for you? Here are some things you have to keep in mind while purchasing one.
How many bottles do you have? If you’re using two or more bottles and have lots of feeding kits or pacifiers, you have to look into the size. If having a much larger bottle sterilizer would help you in your daily tasks, then it will help when you purchase a bottle sterilizer that has the space for it.
Would you want it steamed, microwaved, or UV lighted? Each sterilization process has a particular feature that can help you make feeding and cleaning time easier, better and faster.
How quick you want your bottle sterilizer? Microwave usage takes about 5 minutes, but it doesn’t have any dryers. While steam and UV light can take 10 minutes or so, it has bonus features. Besides, does time makes cleaning better?
Ease of usage
Do you have to pour water then and now? How many times in a day will you use the sterilizer to finish the things you need to do? Is there some special assembly you have fidget about? Think about that first.
Bottle sterilizers offer unique features while coming in different sizes and procedures. It’s up to you to find the best bottle sterilizer for your family. But to make things easier, why not read our reviews of the items here?
The Bottle Sterilizer To Look For
Do you want things done and better? Then look no more, because the Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is the best bottle sterilizer for families to invest in.
Sure, you might have only three to four bottles, but that’s not the only things it sanitizes. You can place in baby rattles, pacifiers, silicone nipples and kits especially when your kiddo places them in his mouth.
It may be hard to clean, but you have to to keep it running smoothly. It can steam your items for six minutes and would auto shut off when you’re done. What’s best that it can work around with any kinds of bottles. It’s light and compact that if you’re off camping in a site with outlets, you can surely bring it along.