The Best Cooling Pillow For The Stressed Mama
Feeling overheated? Stressed? For some ladies out there, hot flashes normally occur during the first and second trimester of your pregnancy. That, adding fatigue and stress as well, may take toll on your health. In fact, it can bother your sleep at night. Therefore, searching for the best cooling pillow will reduce the heat and distress over the course of your bedtime.
Regular pillows can sometimes drive the heat especially on a hot summer night. You get, drink water, turn the AC on high, or even toss and turn to get the perfect position. But with a cooling pillow, it’ll even help you catch zzz’s in comfort all the better and faster. But there are so many kinds of it out there. How to filter the best among the rest? Read our cooling pillow reviews to get you started!
Click to view table of content
The Best Cooling Pillow - Top 5
Sleep Restoration Gel Pillow
PharMeDoc Memory Foam Pillow
Classic Brands Reversible Cool Gel and Memory
Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow
Kiinde Breast Milk Storage Twist Starter Kit
Review Of 5 Best Cooling Pillow 2017
This gel-fiber pillow is dust, mold, and mildew resistant, and will make your sleep so wonderful. They are made for mothers who are fidgety at night, trying to look for the perfect position. If you’re too scared to know whether cooling pillow materials will detrimentally affect your health, this gel pillow will prove it to you otherwise.
It’s hypoallergenic and chemical free which is ideal for pregnant women who easily catch allergies, colds, or asthma. The gel pillow is super soft and will put your sore muscles at ease.
- Not to soft, not to firm –support your head and neck about right
- The pillow is quite cool and comfortable to sleep with
- Fits in most pillow cases and are machine washable
- Thick and fluffy
- The material is made with quality fabrics and items and is sure durable and sturdy
- Careful, some products arrive with mold
- Best for: Mothers who have difficulty in breathing, sick, or simply stressed out, can benefit greatly with the gel pillow that is made of hypoallergenic materials.
Battle stress with this reversible gel and memory foam pillow! PharMeDoc incorporates Thermoregulating technology that absorbs heat and spreads coolness when one puts her head on the cushion. Its memory foam supports your neck and spine and lessens any muscle pains in the body.
Its cushion cover is machine-washable and happens to minimize moisture which is a potential breeding ground for molds. What’s great is that this cooling pillow distributes weight evenly in the body so to relieve muscle and joint pain and increase oxygen at night.
- Conforms to the user’s head when lying down
- Supports the neck greatly and does not make it sore
- A firm pillow yet is comfortable enough to be slept on at various positions
- Both sides of the pillow retains their coolness very well
- Offers great support on spine of the body
- Many users have mentioned a certain smell upon unpacking the product. Will really help if you have laid it outside for it to go away.
- Best for: People who want extra comfort in any way around. If you feel like using a memory foam on the afternoon for a short nap, then do so! If you like cold nights, switching to the gel pillow would be great.
Here’s another reversible pillow that can alleviate your stress and anxieties. The Classic Brand responds to temperature change and cradles your head and neck well to avoid any more muscles strains. It, too, is hypoallergenic and would avoid regulating molds on the pillow.
Its breathable mesh keeps you safe from dust and mildew because of its highly porous material. The kit cover is also machine-washable so to keep it fresh every time you use it.
- Reversible sides lets you choose which among them is best
- Great support for heads and necks which aligns the body for a sore-free muscle and joints sleep
- It’s also ideal for people who sleeps at their backs, stomachs, or sides
- The pillow is hypoallergenic and dust resistant
- The kit cover is machine-washable
- Users complain of its heat and coolness getting off at times
- Zipper of the pillow cover is hard to budge sometimes
- Best for: People who sleep in different positions and are looking for that certain coolness they want. Its reversible sides let you choose which among the gel and memory foam you like best during that hot summer nights. Anyway, you can just flip ‘em up at any time of the night.
What’s better than a cooling pillow? The one that can also give off heat when your body is too cold on winter times! The Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow is a Phase Change Material (PCM) and has an inbuilt sensor that can tell whether you’re hot or cool and releases the proper energy for it. For example, when you’re hot, it’ll release a cooling effect and goes vice versa.
There are many variations of Iso-Cool that tailors to the sleep position of the mother. If a pregnant woman wants to sleep left, the pillow is designed ideal for side-sleepers.
- Ventilation of the pillow made it a lot cooler than some
- It’s not that soft nor too thick and hard
- Great for mothers who sleep on their left side
- Supports the back of your side and eases the muscles there
- Durably-made pillow with high-quality materials as seen in stitching
- The cushion flattens out quickly and the head sinks in
- Best for: Side sleepers who want the best of both worlds according to the temperature dropping in. Colder or warm nights will be a breeze with the Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow.
If you wanna go green and cool, this Snuggle pillow with shredded bamboo memory foam will make your night cooler because of the porous material it is made of. It has more ventilation and air seeps right in easily. Additionally, you can adjust its thickness according to what you want.
The product is fully washable in the laundry and is hypoallergenic for users. Other than that, this eco-friendly product is free from harmful chemicals that may affect you and your child’s development.
- Shredded memory foam tends to be more airy and cool
- This is an eco-green pillow free from radicals
- Perfect for back or side sleepers, and the fidgety moms who seem not having enough blinks at night
- Adjustable thickness for comfort
- Cradles the head, neck, and shoulders upon sleeping
- There is a certain smell when you first open up the pillow
- Best for: Any sleeper who wants a nifty pillow during their bedtime. From side, back, to stomach, this pillow can bring comfort in any way they want.
Types Of Cooling Pillows And How It Works
We’ve found at least three different types of cooling pillows and each one has its own unique ways of giving that cooling effect. If you want to start searching for the best cooling pillow, you have to know which kind will work for you.
Breathable or stuffed pillows
These types of pillows contain soft materials like feathers or foams so that air will be able to flow thoroughly inside, thus, activate the cooling effect. It prevents heat and warmth to go through the materials which adds to the refreshing feel of the pillow.
Gel and solid pillows
These types of pillows contain gels that transfer the heat from your body to the material in the pillow and the coolness bounce back at you.
PCM Material based pillows
This technology-based pillow either absorbs or releases heat when the inside material turns to solid or liquid, or the other way around. So, when it takes away heat from your body, it’ll send the coolness to you.
Above all, these types of cooling pillows are weighed in by most users accordingly to their needs. Whether they want a fluffier one, cool one, or simply tailored to their comforts, mothers would be delighted to have these pillows so they can get their beauty sleep. Now, let’s talk about how to buy one!
Features To Look In A Cooling Pillow
If you want to buy one in the market, there are certain features you need to know and how it can benefit you. However, if none has been to your liking, and you sought to buying online, then you must read some cooling pillow reviews to get you ahead of the rest.
How cool it is
The main reason why you want to buy a cooling pillow is to feel that refreshing sensation of the cushion when you sleep. Not all pillows are created the same. Some are cooler than others because of the material they are made of.
Pillows with reversible sides prove to be more useful for mothers who often change position to get that decent sleep. Finding the right temperature of coolness also allows pregnant women to reverse one side over the other.
Material of the fabrics
Pillows with much insulation can have a stronger cooler effect because of absorbent properties it has. For example, a shredded memory foam or bamboo mesh has water absorbent and wick properties to create a cool effect on the pillow.
Ease of cleaning
Unlike normal pillows, the cooling ones are tricky to wash. Some brands offer washable pillows while others needed to just take out the casing and throw it in the laundry. Meanwhile, there are cooling pillows which needed to be cleaned with a brush or a towel for it not to malfunction.
Do you want a firm pillow or an extra soft one? Do you need it for your neck or back? The firmness of the cushion really is important for you to find out the best cooling pillow suitable for your needs.
Whatever it is that you’re looking for, see to it that it tailors to your needs. A cooling pillow may seem as an extra or luxury, but for mothers who are stressed, suffering from sleeplessness, or hot flashes, it might help them lessen their woes with this type of pillow.
Benefits Of A Cooling Pillow
Perhaps you’ve read some cooling pillow reviews and see why it’s necessary for some mothers to have it. A mother-to-be who sleeps soundly at night has a greater chance of having a healthier childbirth. Those who tend to have fewer blink at night might be in line on suffering with preeclampsia.
- Reduce the feeling of hot flashes
- Helps you to sleep better at night
- Lessens the chances of insomnia
- Decreases the possibility of sleep disturbances like sleep talking or walking
- Eases any muscle pains in your neck
- Takes away your stress and anxiety because of its cooling effect
- Fresher look in the morning!
You can think of so many advantages of having the best cooling pillow in your hands. The temperature makes you comfortable and stress-free, thus, leaving you to a good night’s sleep. How about that? And if you want to know which among the pillows stand out in the market place, it’s here in our reviews.
Mama’s Sweet Pillow
Pregnant women like you should invest in the best cooling pillow for a well-meaningful sleep to keep you and your baby strong and growing. The risk of getting insomnia at night will hurt your child when he or she is born. Babies will have low birth weights, and might be in danger of premature birth – or worse, death.
The most common reason why mothers can’t sleep is due to being stressed about the future of her unborn kid. Stress and anxiety are the main culprits in not getting enough shuteye. Buying the best cooling pillow will lessen that chance.
No results have been returned for your Query. Please edit the query for content to display.